Here's Why Airplanes Are So Crowded These Days
Times are tough for airlines, and one of the culprits is high fuel costs: Filling tanks represented 33 percent of the global industry's operating costs, according to the International Air Transport Association.
Airlines can't control the price of fuel, but they can work to reduce how much much they use. One way to do that is to operate fewer flights.
Airport flight departure data from 2007 and 2012, published by the Wall Street Journal, makes it clear that's exactly what they've done.
We pulled the numbers for the 20
The bars going to the left of center indicate a drop in takeoffs. Bars going to the right represent a rise.
Nearly all of them are headed left.
So it's easy to see why
- The 100-bagger stocks that survived the test of time and market cycles over 20 years
- Looking to travel abroad? 5 tips to help you save on airfare
- Aprilia RS 457 vs KTM RC 390 – the battle of the sports bikes in India
- Most secluded places in India to visit in 2023
- Relieve constipation naturally with Indian foods: A guide to digestive health