Here's Why Airplanes Are So Crowded These Days
Times are tough for airlines, and one of the culprits is high fuel costs: Filling tanks represented 33 percent of the global industry's operating costs, according to the International Air Transport Association.
Airlines can't control the price of fuel, but they can work to reduce how much much they use. One way to do that is to operate fewer flights.
Airport flight departure data from 2007 and 2012, published by the Wall Street Journal, makes it clear that's exactly what they've done.
We pulled the numbers for the 20
The bars going to the left of center indicate a drop in takeoffs. Bars going to the right represent a rise.
Nearly all of them are headed left.
So it's easy to see why
- The world's oceans last month were warmer than any other May since the beginning of the 19th century
- Google Pixel 7a Review - Pixel experience for the masses
- 10 Must do activities on your next trip to Goa
- Domestic GDP growth on firm footing, growth slightly revised upwards: SBI study
- BMW M2 comes to India: Here’s how it compares with top sports cars in the country