How Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson went from WWE wrestler to Hollywood's box-office champ
Since 2002's "The Scorpion King," The Rock has become a box-office pariah proving he could win over audiences as a single dad in "Tooth Fairy" or as a heavy-hitting action star in "Journey 2: The Mysterious Island," and the "Fast and Furious" saga. His movies combined have made over $5.2 billion worldwide.
But before he was rocking the box office, he was just a wrestler, best known for his signature move "The People's Elbow."
Frank Pallotta and Mallory Schlossberg contributed to an earlier version of this story.
- A good season ahead for cement companies with price hikes
- Prunes: Nature's sweet secret to wellness
- Apricots: A nutrient-packed fruit for health and culinary delights
- Startup funding hits a 5-year low in July-September quarter
- Mobile phone exports from India cross Rs 45,000 cr in April-Aug period, Apple leads