I tried Bonobos' new $400 suit that requires zero alterations and it fit me perfectly right off the rack - here's what it's like, plus a 20%-off promo code
Insider Picks writes about products and services to help you navigate when shopping online. Insider Inc. receives a commission from our affiliate partners when you buy through our links, but our reporting and recommendations are always independent and objective.
- Bonobos recently released The Daily Grind Suit, its first ready-to-wear suit.
- The Daily Grind Suit comes in five colors, four fits, and a wide range of sizes to accommodate men of most sizes. With multiple inseam options, you won't need to visit a tailor before wearing it.
- At $400, the Bonobos Daily Grind Suit is the brand's least expensive suit. While the price is comparable to some custom suit companies, the various sizes and fits will eliminate the need for made-to-measure garments for most men. And, since it doesn't need to be made specifically for you, you'll receive your order much faster.
- First-time customers can save 20% on their order by using the Business Insider-exclusive promo code "BONOBOSxBI20" at checkout.
Let's be honest. No one likes waiting weeks on end for a tailor to complete a job or for their online order to finally ship out. While it's easy to get away with off-the-rack dress shirts and such, suits are the one menswear item that almost always need some sort of alteration.
Suits have long been a part of Bonobos' catalog, but the Daily Grind Suit comes as the brand's first ready-to-wear suit. The suits come in four different fits (tailored, slim, athletic, and standard) and the pants come with inseam length options, so you won't need to make any alterations before wearing it. While making different fits and inseam lengths isn't some monumental feat in menswear, it sure is a convenience - and, quite frankly, more people should know that the feature exists.
What it's like to wearI went with the light grey suit in the tailored fit, the narrowest fit available. When ordering the suit, I was impressed that my size was actually available - I'm a hard 29-inch waist and lots of suits start out at 30 inches. The pant sizes range from 28 to 40, so men of almost all sizes are included. I was also happy to see that they had my inseam length of 28 inches. While I usually go with a longer inseam for jeans (in order to cuff them) I like a straight, uncuffed pant leg for slacks.Since all the sizes are in stock and readily available as opposed to being made-to-order, I got my suit two days after placing the order. Although I wasn't in a huge rush to wear the suit, this is a great point to consider if you're on a tight deadline and need a nicely-fitted suit in a hurry.Advertisement
I put on the Daily Grind Suit and it fit me absolutely perfectly. I've tried other ready-to-wear suits in the past, but still had to make alterations because only one fit was available or because I had to settle for a larger waist or inseam.
Throughout the day, I got several compliments while wearing the Bonobos Daily Grind Suit and everyone I told was surprised to learn that it hadn't been altered in any way.Advertisement
At $400, the Daily Grind Suit is Bonobos' least expensive suit. Although it's about the same price as a custom suit you could get at Indochino, I'm willing to bet that the various fit and size options will do away with the need for a made-to-measure garment for most guys.
I'm confident that other men will like the Daily Grind Suit just as much as I did, so Business Insider and Bonobos teamed up to create an exclusive offer. New customers can save 20% on their order by using the promo code "BONOBOSxBI20" at checkout. You'll need to click through our link to use the promo code.
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at email@example.com.
- Another COVID-19 death in Jharkhand, 76 fresh cases detected
- Assam reports 5 more deaths, COVID-19 toll rises to 27
- Odisha reports highest single-day spike of 577 COVID-19 cases, four more fatalities
- Total lockdown in containment zones in West Bengal as COVID-19 cases surge
- Youth NC leader dies due to COVID-19