If your business makes frequent FedEx purchases, now's a great time to apply for the Amex Business Gold Card and get up to $500 back
- The American Express® Business Gold Card has a new welcome offer that can get you up to $500 back in statement credits when you make qualifying purchases with FedEx in the first three months of card membership.
- This is only available until November 6, 2019.
- The Amex Business Gold includes US purchases for shipping as a bonus category, so this is a good business credit card to consider if you frequently use FedEx or other shipping services.
The American Express Business Gold Card is one of several premium Amex cards to get an update in recent years, and it's currently one of the best business credit cards thanks to its bonus category structure - you can earn 4x points on your top two spending categories each month, from a list of options including airfare, US restaurants, and US shipping purchases.Since its update in 2018, the Amex Business Gold has been all over the place on the welcome bonus front, though. First it offered no points bonus but up to a free year of Google GSuite Basic and ZipRecruiter Standard (useful to some, but not everyone), and then it switched to a relatively low welcome offer of 35,000 points (worth about $700 based on The Points Guy's subjective valuations). Advertisement
Now, the Business Gold is switching it up once again, with an intro offer that can get you up to $500 back in statement credits when you purchase qualifying services with FedEx in your first three months from opening the card.
Amex defines qualifying FedEx services in its offer terms and conditions, and the main exclusions are invoiced payments, international duties and taxes, and other FedEx brands like FedEx freight.If your business spends a lot on shipping, the Business Gold is a card worth considering. Not only is the current welcome offer as good as $500 back if you'll already be spending at least $500 with FedEx in the next several months, but the card also offers 4x points on your top two spending categories each month on up to $150,000 in combined purchases each calendar year; one of the eligible categories is shipping purchases, including purchases from FedEx and other companies.
The other categories are airfare purchased directly from airlines, US purchases for advertising in select media, US purchases at gas stations, US purchases made directly from select technology providers, and US purchases at restaurants.You can use Amex points to book travel directly through Amex, or with travel partners like Delta and Marriott if you transfer the points to the respective loyalty programs. The current FedEx offer is available until November 6, 2019.Advertisement
The Business Gold Card has a $295 annual fee. In addition to earning you up to 4 points per dollar on your spending, this card has an airline bonus that gets you a 25% rebate when you use points to book a business or first-class flight through Amex Travel (or a flight of any class if it's with your selected qualifying airline).
Click here to learn more about the American Express Business Gold Card from our partner The Points Guy.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Personal Finance Insider team. We occasionally highlight financial products and services that can help you make smarter decisions with your money. We do not give investment advice or encourage you to adopt a certain investment strategy. What you decide to do with your money is up to you. If you take action based on one of our recommendations, we get a small share of the revenue from our commerce partners. This does not influence whether we feature a financial product or service. We operate independently from our advertising sales team.
Business Insider may receive a commission from The Points Guy Affiliate Network, but our reporting and recommendations are always independent and objective.
- Reliance Retail raises another ₹1,875 crore as Silver Lake comes back with an additional investment
- India leaves borrowing calendar unchanged — sticks to its ₹12 lakh crore target for the year
- EA Play games will be available with Xbox Game Pass starting November 10
- Indians can now fly to Kenya and Bhutan under the new air bubble agreement, says Aviation Minister Puri
- Centre extends deadline for IT returns filing for 2019-20 to November 30