15 inmates of Bengal prison test positive for COVID-19
The infected inmates of the Baruipur Central Correctional Home are asymptomatic and have been admitted to an isolation ward of the prison hospital, an official of the Correctional Services Department said.
"They are being treated at the prison hospital. If needed, we will shift them to other hospitals as per the advice of the doctors," he said.
Around 10 employees of the department posted in six correctional homes in the state had earlier tested positive for COVID-19 and they are being treated, the official said.
A senior official of the Baruipur prison had tested positive for the infection a couple of weeks back.West Bengal has recorded 18,559 COVID-19 cases, including 668 fatalities, till Tuesday. SCH ACD DV DV
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Apple is hiring engineers and interns for their tech team in India
- Actor James Michael Tyler, known for his role as Gunther on 'Friends,' has passed away at 59 from prostate cancer
- Apple is being sued by a San Francisco man for $1,383.13, the exact cost of his iPhone 12. He says the company refused to fix the device while it was under warranty.
- WhatsApp won’t work on these phones from November 1: Check the full list
- Nobel Peace Prize winning journalist calls out Mark Zuckerberg, links Facebook to the atom bomb
- Reliance Jio lost subscribers for the first time in 10 quarters but there's good news for Mukesh Ambani in this too
- Pankaj Tripathi and Maanvi Gagroo reprise their role as Kaleen Bhaiyya and Siddhi in Amazon Prime India's Diwali campaign
- Internal documents reveal how Facebook struggled to deal with misinformation and hate speech in India