16 new coronavirus cases in Punjab; total rises to 2045
Of the new cases, four were detected in Amritsar, three each in Patiala and Jalandhar and one each in Ludhiana, Bathinda, Kapurthala, Pathankot, Gurdaspur and Muktsar.
Twenty-three coronavirus patients recovered from the infection and were discharged from different hospitals in Jalandhar, Muktsar, Rupnagar, Faridkot and Fatehgarh Sahib, a medical bulletin said on Saturday.With the discharge of these patients, the total count of cured persons reached 1,870 in the state.
In Punjab, Amritsar has reported the most COVID-19 cases at 318, followed by 213 in Jalandhar, 173 in Ludhiana, 153 in Tarn Taran, 130 in Gurdaspur, 105 in SBS Nagar, 107 in Patiala, 102 each in Mohali and Hoshiarpur, 88 in Sangrur, 66 in Muktsar, 61 in Faridkot, 60 in Rupnagar, 59 in Moga, 57 in Fatehgarh Sahib, 44 each in Fazilka and Ferozepur, 42 in Bathinda, 35 in Kapurthala, 32 each in Mansa and Pathankot and 22 in Barnala, the bulletin said.Of the total cases, 39 people have died. One patient is critical and on ventilator support.
A total of 63,567 samples have been taken so far in the state, out of which 57,899 samples are negative and reports of 3,623 samples are still awaited. CHS VSD IND IND
- Mutant strain COVID-19 tally reaches 165 in India, says the Health Ministry
- Apple to launch its 'strict' new privacy feature in next iOS 14 beta
- Instagram launches new layout for "Stories" feature for desktop users
- Honda to export new City 2020 from India to left-hand drive markets
- WhatsApp to add additional security layer for users to link account to computers