227, including 40 CRPF personnel, test positive for COVID-19 in J-K; 8 more die
All deaths and the majority of the fresh cases were reported from Kashmir.
"Eight people, who were COVID-19 positive, have died over the past 24 hours in Jammu and Kashmir," the officials said.All of these deaths were reported from Kashmir, they said.
Of the total deaths, 14 were reported from Jammu and 113 from the Kashmir division.Meanwhile, 227 new COVID-19 cases were detected in the union territory during the last 24 hours.
While 30 of these were from the Jammu region, 197 were from the valley.There are 2,976 active cases in the union territory. A total of 5,143 patients have recovered from the infection. The cases detected on Saturday included 29 persons who had returned to the union territory recently.
"Today's cases also include 40 (personnel) from various CRPF battalions in the valley," the officials said.
No fresh cases were detected in five districts -- Ganderbal, Kathua, Ramban, Reasi and Kishtwar -- in the last 24 hours.With Saturday's infections, the total number of cases in Jammu and Kashmir has risen to 8,246.
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- India records 11,666 new COVID- 19 cases in last 24 hours
- Apple says one billion iPhones are now active around the world
- Delhi hit with a low intensity earthquake of 2.8 magnitude
- FMCG: The trends to watch out for in 2021
- Railways Budget 2021: Faster trains, higher funding and support for green railways — here’s what’s on the experts’ checklist