4 more test positive for COVID-19 in Arunachal, total active cases rise to 46
Of the four, three cases were registered in Changlang district, which accounts for the maximum number of coronavirus patients in the state, and one from Lohit, State Surveillance Officer Dr L Jampa said.
All fresh cases in the state have been reported from quarantine centres, set up for those returning from other parts of the country, he said.
Till date, seven COVID-19 cases have been reported from the capital complex -- comprising Itanagar and Naharlagun -- 31 from Changlang, two each from Namsai and Lohit, and one each from Pakke Kessang, Tawang, Upper Siang and West Siang districts.
Meanwhile, the Changlang district administration has imposed restrictions on inter-circle movement of people in Diyun, Miao and Bordumsa, except for medical emergencies and other exigencies, Deputy Commissioner Devansh Yadav said.
The first case in Arunachal Pradesh was reported on April 2, when a 31-year-old man tested positive for the disease following his return from a religious congregation in Delhi. He was discharged from hospital on April 16.After almost six weeks, the state registered its second case on May 24, with the return of a 30-year-old student, also from Delhi. UPL RMS RMS
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- GST Council meet: No new tax on food delivery apps Swiggy, Zomato
- SBI, Kotak Mahindra and others cut home loan rates ahead of festive season
- Virat Kohli's T20I journey as captain is better than Dhoni's
- Gen Z decoded: MTV's latest report reflects Gen Z’s behavior patterns,mindsets, habits and perceptions
- From ecommerce to payments — here are the top funded business models of last one year