4 more test positive for COVID-19 in Arunachal, total active cases rise to 46
Of the four, three cases were registered in Changlang district, which accounts for the maximum number of coronavirus patients in the state, and one from Lohit, State Surveillance Officer Dr L Jampa said.
All fresh cases in the state have been reported from quarantine centres, set up for those returning from other parts of the country, he said.Till date, seven COVID-19 cases have been reported from the capital complex -- comprising Itanagar and Naharlagun -- 31 from Changlang, two each from Namsai and Lohit, and one each from Pakke Kessang, Tawang, Upper Siang and West Siang districts.
The first case in Arunachal Pradesh was reported on April 2, when a 31-year-old man tested positive for the disease following his return from a religious congregation in Delhi. He was discharged from hospital on April 16.After almost six weeks, the state registered its second case on May 24, with the return of a 30-year-old student, also from Delhi. UPL RMS RMS
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Karnataka's Covid vaccine recipient dies of heart stroke: Minister
- NIMHANS doctor on Sputnik vaccine advisory board
- Japanese firm Daicel to invest ₹230 crore to set up manufacturing plant in Chennai
- Two reasons why Elon Musk routed Tesla’s India venture via Amsterdam
- Rajasthan government withdraws night curfew after decline in COVID-19 cases