Ahmedabad COVID-19 cases rise by 314 to 12,494; death toll 864
Ahmedabad, Jun 1 () The number of COVID-19 cases in Gujarat's Ahmedabad district rose by 314 to 12,494 on Monday while the death toll went up by 22 to 864, state Health department said.
Ahmedabad also reported recovery of 790 patients, the highest single-day rise so far, among the total 861 recoveries reported from across the state, it said.
Meanwhile, the Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation (AMC) has identified 46 "micro containment" areas within the city where lockdown restrictions will continue to be in force.
It said about 70,000 people fall under these areas, which will be revised periodically on the basis of the number of COVID-19 cases.
The civic body has also issued new ceiling rates for private hospitals, where it has requisitioned 50 per cent of the total beds for treating COVID-19 patients.
The ceiling rates have been slashed further by 10 per cent and 5 per cent for wards, HDU, isolation and ICU, and ventilation, isolation and ICU combined facilities, following the order of the Gujarat High Court.
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- 'Harry Potter' had a chance to represent Indian kids like me, but all we got were Parvati and Padma Patil's atrocious Yule Ball outfits
- Manchester United owners are getting drawn to the world's biggest cricket league – here's why
- Elon Musk sparks another Shiba Inu rally ‘to the moon’ — other Shiba coins follow suit
- Dream 11 parent Dream Sports to hire 200 people in India across various domains
- Snap's stock plummets by 22% as Apple’s iPhone privacy changes hit its advertising business
- Twitter now lets anyone on Android and iOS host Spaces
- PUBG: New State with ‘PC-like’ gameplay will officially launch on November 11
- Nykaa has added a skincare brand to its shopping cart, a week before its IPO