Akasa Air begins service in UP
It is scheduled to start two flights from Lucknow -- one to Bengaluru and the other to Mumbai.
Airline officials met
The chief minister said, "UP is benefitting massively from the Udaan scheme started by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. He has allowed people from even the lowest rungs of society to dream of travelling by air. The improving air services in UP are a realisation of this dream."
Akasa Air was represented by its CEO Vinay Dubey, co-founder Neelu Khatri, cofounder Pravin Aiyar and other senior officials.
The chief minister said that along with Lucknow which is being connected to Mumbai and Bengaluru, Varanasi should also be connected to these routes.
The Varanasi route has maximum passengers and this will be beneficial for both the residents of the state and for the airlines, he said.
He also suggested that
The Chief Minister further said that connectivity has a huge role to play in increasing the pace of development.
To that end, the government is trying to connect maximum cities in the state with expressways and air services.
AdvertisementYogi Adityanath said that right now, nine airports are functional in the state and are serving 75 destinations. Another 10 airports are under construction.
He added that Uttar Pradesh would soon have five international airports -- Varanasi, Kushinagar and Lucknow are operational while Jewar and Ayodhya are under progress.
"It is the government's responsibility to ensure better connectivity for the 25-crore people in the state and to provide them with good air connectivity. Air connectivity is not ordinary connectivity but very beneficial in improving and increasing tourism potential of the state," he said.
SEE ALSO: DSP Investment Managers launches Nifty Bank ETF, says bank valuations look attractive despite the rally
Best and worst performing sectoral stock market indices in 2022
Popular on BI
- Electricity prices in Finland flipped negative — a huge oversupply of clean, hydroelectric power meant suppliers were almost giving it away
- Family stands to lose nearly $6,000 in airfare and hotel costs after they were bumped from an overbooked cruise ship
- Flyers are 'skiplagging' to try and save money on flight tickets. Airlines hate it.
- Samsung Galaxy A34 5G review: A Mid-range marvel
- 10 ways to reduce your home loan EMI burden
- Global trends, macroeconomic data to drive equity markets this week: Analysts
- New Parliament building inauguration: 'Sarva-Dharma Prarthana' ceremony held
- List of Famous things to buy in Coorg