Andhra Pradesh estimates damages worth ₹8,084 crore due to floods, heavy rains
"The estimated loss is about Rs 8,084 crore, of which Rs 5,000 crore occurred due to infrastructure damages. Also, agriculture and allied sectors suffered flood damage of Rs 3,000 crore as incessant rains occurred right before the harvesting period," said a
On Wednesday, the
AdvertisementFor the last two days, the team toured flood-affected East Godavari, West Godavari, Krishna, Guntur and Anantapur districts.
On a request from Reddy, the team visited Anantapur, considering the groundnut crop was extensively damaged.
Reddy requested the team to help as much as possible on humanitarian grounds to cope with the damage.
He asked the team to relax frequently asked questions while buying damaged crops from farmers as they may suffer even bigger losses.
The Chief Minister explained to the central officers that the state government has been providing input subsidy to farmers to cover up losses in the same crop season, even as the subsidy for Kharif losses between May and September has already been paid.
Reddy appealed to the team to compensate the flood damages as soon as possible.
AdvertisementHe also thanked Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Home Minister Amit Shah for deputing a central team to Andhra Pradesh.
SEE ALSO: The world's longest flight just quietly touched down in New York. Here's why you haven't heard anything about it.
Samvat 2077: Bharti Airtel, Infosys, ICICI Bank, SBI, Varun Beverages and Can Fin Homes stocks are among the top Diwali picks
Popular on BI
- ICC T20 World Cup 2021: India to bat first as Pakistan wins toss and elects to field
- Biden hosting budget talks in Delaware with Schumer, Manchin
- Aryan Khan case: Witness claims NCB allegedly demanded bribe from Shah Rukh Khan to release his son
- Rishi Sunak on spending spree on skills, healthcare in UK Budget
- New IPL teams: BCCI expecting anything between ₹7,000-₹10,000 crore with Adani, Goenka, Aurobindo in fray