AP Govt postpones all Common Entrance Tests in view of COVID- 19 situation
"After a review of the situation, Chief Minister Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy directed that the CETs be postponed and, accordingly, we have decided to hold them in the third week of September.
Fresh dates for these entrance examinations will be announced later," Education Minister A Suresh told reporters.
He pointed out that similar entrance examinations at the national level too were deferred because of the coronavirus pandemic.
The AP government, through the State Council of Higher Education, conducts EAMCET, ICET, PGCET, LawCET, EdCET and other entrance examinations for admission into courses like engineering, medicine, agriculture, business administration, law and also various post-graduate degrees.
These CETs are normally conducted in the month of May, but because of COVID-19 the schedule got disturbed this year.
Meanwhile, SRM University, AP also announced on Monday that its Joint Engineering Entrance Exam for admission into B. Tech programmes has been cancelled.
"In the light of challenges posed by COVID-19, and taking into account the safety concerns of students and parents, SRM Institute of Science and Technology has cancelled the SRM Joint Engineering Entrance Exam for B.Tech admissions 2020, that was planned in 127 Indian cities and five overseas centres in Dubai, Doha, Muscat, Bahrain and Kuwait.The B.Tech admissions will now be based on plus-two ntermediate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology," the University said in a release here. DBV APR RAVINDRANATH APR RAVINDRANATH
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- I bought a car wash at 22 years old. It basically runs itself — and I make $5,500 in passive income each month.
- Companies say Elon Musk's plan to charge $1,000 for month for Twitter checkmarks is 'outlandish' and makes them 'meaningless'
- A lawyer who quit to become an OnlyFans performer says she now makes more money and is happier
- Sensex, Nifty50 likely to open in the green amid positive global cues: HDFC, Tata Motors among stocks to watch
- A fifth of Indians feel sleepy at work, future worries keep ‘em awake
- Top ChatGPT 4 plugins: From math, physics and language tutor to vacation planner
- Most of India's statewide heat action plans are inadequate to deal with local risks, new CPR report says
- CIRP initiated in cases of DHFL, ABG Shipyard, Bhushan Power & Steel