Bank mitra stages robbery on himself with help of aide, arrested
Bank mitra Madan Mohan and his aide Sumit, both residents of Kosikalan police station area in the western Uttar Pradesh district, were arrested within 36 hours of the alleged robbery being reported to the police, the officer said.
"It was a planned robbery staged by the complainant bank mitra himself in order to repay his debt," district police chief Gaurav Grover said.
Rs 1,50,000 cash have been recovered from the arrested persons, he said.
According to the complaint filed by the bank mitra on May 26, four people riding on two motorcycles robbed him of the money.
During investigation, the role of the bank mitra emerged and he was arrested.
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Realme 10 Pro+ 5G Review: An all-round value smartphone
- Sensex snaps 4-session losing run led by PSU banks
- The future is connected: 80% of traditional TV viewers want to switch in a year says Finecast Kantar
- Electric-vehicle financing startup Vidyut raises $4 million in first round of funding
- RIL, Adani Enterprises are the biggest and most consistent wealth creators: Motilal Oswal