Binge watching on Netflix, Amazon Prime and Hotstar hit India's fitness goals in 2019
- A survey by healthtech startup
HealthifyMeamongst 500 nutritionists and trainers across India showed that long work hours and streaming services are the main reasons for failed fitnessgoals in 2019.
- The increasingly diet conscious Indian also went ahead and tried some trending fad diets.
- The top 3 super foods in 2019 were green tea, chia seeds and turmeric.
AdvertisementThe second season of thriller You is now streaming. It’s beyond midnight and you have to wake up by 7 am if you want to head out for that long-delayed morning walk. As the episode comes to an end, you think… How much harm can another episode do? Before you know it, you have definitely missed out on that morning walk.
This is how streaming services have altered our sleeping patterns. When it is not
A survey by healthtech startup HealthifyMe surveyed 500 nutritionists and trainers across India which threw up interesting fitness insights. Long work hours and streaming services are the key reasons why fitness goals failed, in 2019.
To add to that, late night munching while watching your favourite show, does no good either.
In fact, according to
“It is interesting to see the impact of emerging social trends on Indian fitness levels. From following fad diets on the one hand to binging while streaming their favourite shows on the other, 2019 saw a lot of change in the way people approached fitness,” said Tushar Vashisht, co-founder and CEO, HealthifyMe.
The survey also revealed that 70% of Indians completed their workout between 4 AM to 12 PM. While 40% opted for early morning workouts between 4 to 8 AM, 30% worked out between 8 AM to 12 PM. Meanwhile, 30% Indians preferred working out in the evenings between 4 to 8 PM.
Increasingly diet conscious Indian also went ahead and tried some trending fad diets.
While the most popular diet regimes were Dukan Diet by French nutritionist Pierre Dukan and Atkins diet by cardiologist Robert Atkins from USA, the top 3 superfoods in 2019 were green tea, chia seeds and turmeric.
But according to Vashisht, one need not make radical changes to their lifestyle to achieve fitness. “Setting realistic goals, exercising regularly and being calorie conscious is a sure shot path to sustainable fitness as per our experience. A little bit of discipline is all that it takes,” he said.
Sacred Games 2, Kabir Singh are amongst the most popular views on Netflix India
Watch out for 'healthy options' as artificial sweeteners can turn you diabetic
Popular on BI
- FPIs invest over ₹36,000 crore in Indian equities in November – Financial services is top favourite
- Dyson’s futuristic air-purifying, noise-canceling headphones are ready to hit the market from January 2023
- Wordle is the most googled topic in 2022, here's how it started and how to play it
- Apple expands end-to-end encryption to iCloud in a bid to make it safer for vulnerable profiles like celebrities, activists, or journalists
- BharatPe sues Ashneer Grover and wife for swindling firm; asks them to repay ₹88 cr