Delhi may be locked down if required: CM Arvind Kejriwal
- The Delhi government on Saturday said it has not imposed a
lockdownfor now, but would have to do if the need arises in wake of the coronaviruspandemic.
- During his first-ever digital-only press conference, Chief Minister
Arvind Kejriwalsaid restrictions due to COVID-19 were causing terrible financial stress to the poor.
- Kejriwal said only 50% buses would ply on roads in Delhi during the 'Janata curfew' on Sunday.
During his first-ever digital-only press conference, Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal said restrictions due to COVID-19 were causing terrible financial stress to the poor.
He announced that those receiving ration from fair-price shops would get 50 per cent extra for next month, and also doubled the pension for widows, differently-abled and elderly for this month.
The government has also reduced the size of social, religious and political gatherings to not more than five persons. It has not imposed a lockdown in Delhi for now, but will have to do it if need arises, Kejriwal said.
Kejriwal said only 50% buses would ply on roads in Delhi during the 'Janata curfew' on Sunday.
"Rs 4000-5000 pension will be paid to 8.5 lakh beneficiaries by April 7," he said.
"Seventy-two lakh people in Delhi get ration from fair price shops. Ration per person being increased by 50 per cent. It will be provided free," the chief minister said.
"We are extremely concerned about daily wagers, labourers amid coronavirus crisis; don't want anyone to go hungry," he said, adding that food would be provided for homeless in night shelters.
- Maha sees 2,739 new COVID-19 cases; death toll nears 3,000
- COVID infections breach 5,000 mark in Karnataka; 378 new cases and 280 discharges in a day
- Covid-19 infection linked to stroke in healthy young people: Study
- 'About 28,000 farmers affected in Pune due to recent cyclone'
- Canara Bank cuts in repo-linked lending rate by 40 bps
- guidelines for Malls
- Lockdown extended
- Telangana lockdown guidelines
- Surat Containment Zones
- Karnataka Lockdown Guidelines
- Delhi Containment Zones
- Indore corona cases
- Ecommerce Policy
- Coronavirus cases in India
- Coronavirus cases
- Telangana Coronavirus hotspot
- Maharashtra lockdown guidelines
- Containment Zone in Kolkata
- Pune Containment Zone
- Punjab lockdown guidelines
- Tamilnadu lockdown Guidelines