COVID-19: 69 new cases in Karnataka, death toll increases to 43
With 43 deaths and 680 discharges, there are 1,433 active corona cases in the state, the department said in its mid-day bulletin.
The deceased woman was diagnosed with severe acute respiratory infection and was admitted to designated hospital on May 19 and died due to ARDS (Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome) on May 24, it said.According to the bulletion,26 patients, who have recovered, have been discharged on Monday. Advertisement
Of the fresh cases, 51 are returnees from Maharashtra, two from Tamil Nadu, one each from Uttar Pradesh and Delhi, while four cases are with history of international travel- two from UAE and one each from Muscat and UK.
Others include eight, who are contacts of patients already tested positive, one from containment zone in Bengaluru and one patient whose contact history is under tracing.Among the districts where the new cases were reported, Udupi accounted for 16, followed by 15 from Yadgir, Kalaburagi 14, Bengaluru urban six, three each from Dakshina Kannada, Ballari and Dharwad, two each from Mandya and Kolar, and one each from Belagavi, Bidar, Ramanagara, Tumakuru and Vijayapura. KSU BN WELCOME BN WELCOME
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Amazon pumps in money into MORE to take on the heavyweights Reliance Retail and DMart
- 30 COVID vaccine candidates being developed: Health Ministry
- INTERVIEW: Paytm trains its guns on Google while the payments app is back in Play Store
- IN PICS: Mitra and other humanoid robots help COVID-19 patients stuck in quarantine across hospitals in India
- Brands that demonstrate they care for consumers, communities and the environment will find favor with today’s and tomorrow’s consumers: Preeti Reddy, Kantar