COVID 19 death toll reaches 97 in Bihar, tally climbs to 12,525
According to the department, the latest fatality was reported from Kaimur district though details like age, sex, co-morbidities and the time of death were not known.
The central Bihar district now accounts for two deaths. Patna district has reported the highest number of 12 casualties, till date, followed by Darbhanga (7), Samastipur (6), Bhagalpur, Muzaffarpur, Nalanda, East Champaran, Rohtas and Saran (five each).Of the 385 people tested positive for the dreaded coronavirus during the day, most are from Patna (56), followed by Munger (30), Gaya (29), Bhagalpur (26), Madhubani (25) and Katihar (24) districts. Advertisement
All the 38 districts in the state are affected by the pandemic and Patna tops the list in terms of number of confirmed cases with a tally of 1,114, followed by Bhagalpur (643), Madhubani (536), Begusarai (528), Muzaffarpur (511), Siwan (509) and Munger (449).
The state's tally has more than doubled within a span of a month. On June 7, the number of confirmed cases in Bihar was 5,070.Nonetheless, the state health department insisted that the situation was not bleak and the recovery rate, at 74.55 per cent, was significantly higher than the national average. NAC RG TIR TIR
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Maharashtra adds a records 11,514 COVID-19 cases and witnesses 316 deaths in a single day
- Two-wheeler sales in India could contract by 16-18% in FY2021, says ICRA
- Karnataka SSLC Result 2020 to be announced today
- A sneak preview of Kia Sonet — the latest ‘Made-in-India’ compact SUV car
- Madras High Court asks Patanjali to pay ₹10 lakh penalty for "chasing profits by exploiting people's fear and panic" to sell its immunity booster tablet Coronil