Defence secretary tests positive for COVID-19: Sources
Kumar's condition is stable and he is currently under home-quarantine, they said.
At least 35 officials working at the ministry's headquarters in South Block in the Raisina Hills have been sent on home quarantine after reports of Kumar testing positive for the infection emerged on Wednesday morning.There was no official comment on Kumar's health condition. The defence ministry spokesperson refused to comment on the issue. Advertisement
It is learnt that Defence Minister Rajnath Singh did not attend office as part of a precautionary measure.
The offices of the defence minister, the defence secretary, the Army Chief and the Navy Chief are on the first floor of the South Block.The sources said all laid down protocols on contact-tracing and quarantining of people are being scrupulously followed. MPB IJT
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Film industry wishes speedy recovery for Big B, son Abhishek after they test COVID-19 positive
- 535 new COVID-19 cases in Assam
- Expand plasma therapy facilities for COVID-19 patients: CM
- West Bengal records biggest single-day jump of 1,344 COVID-19 cases
- Amitabh Bachchan and son Abhishek test positive for COVID-19, hospitalised