Delhi Police ASI tests positive for COVID-19, 3 colleagues quarantined
According to a senior police officer, the ASI is posted with the Crime Branch office at Kotwali and tested positive on Thursday. He was later shifted to the staff quarters in Mandoli prison premises.
The police suspect that the ASI got infected from a family in his neighbourhood in Shahdara which had positive cases.Three police officers who used to share the office room with the infected jawan have been sent for home-quarantine, the officer said.
The Delhi Police has sanctioned Rs 1 lakh each to its personnel who have tested positive for coronavirus while on duty, officials said on Friday.As many as 21 Delhi Police personnel have tested positive for the novel coronavirus which include 14 from Central district, six from northwest district and one from the traffic police.
The police headquarters will arrange the payment from the Delhi Police Welfare Society for the personnel expeditiously through the DCPs concerned, according to a letter. NIT TIRTIR
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- AAP to contest elections in Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Goa, Punjab, Himachal Pradesh and Gujarat in 2022, says Arvind Kejriwal
- Top 10 business investment options in Dubai for India's best minds
- India needs to add massive amount of solar and wind power capacity this year to meet its first target
- Itel to launch smartphone with bigger display and dual security for ₹6000 on February 1
- Elon Musk announces major redesigns for Tesla Model S