Four persons test positive for COVID-19 in Assam, total at 214
The fresh cases were detected among those in two quarantine centres in Tezpur and Jorhat, Sarma said in a series of tweets.
Two persons from Sivasagar who were at a quarantine centre in Jorhat were found to be positive, besides one person each from Dhakuakhana and Udalguri -- lodged at the Zonal Quarantine Centre at Tezpur University -- were detected with coronavirus infection, he said.The total number of COVID-19 cases rose to 214 with the fresh detections. Of them, 153 are active cases. Advertisement
While four patients have died due to the disease, 54 have recovered. Besides, three have migrated to other states, the minister said.
To screen all the people coming from outside the state, the government has set up five zonal screening camps, besides those already existing at the district headquarters and local levels.Kokrajhar has the zonal screening camp for Lower Assam districts, Tezpur for North Assam districts, Jorhat for Upper Assam districts, Guwahati for Central Assam districts and Silchar for those in the Barak Valley. TR SOM SOM
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- India's COVID-19 case fatality rate dips to 2.72 pc: Health Ministry
- Oxygen already runs low as COVID-19 surges in South Africa
- Sensex sheds 143 pts on weak global cues; financial stocks tumble
- Karnataka CM under home quaranatine after staff test positive for COVID-19
- Remdesivir is an effective coronavirus treatment claims study