Ghaziabad: 10 Indonesians, 6 Nepalese among 22 sent to jail for violating lockdown
Senior Superintendent of Police Kalanidhi Naithani told they have been sent to temporary jails set up in several business school buildings.
He said the 22 people which included 10 Indonesians and six Nepalese have been lodged in four temporary jails in the district after obtaining judicial custody.
Naithani told that they have been arrested for violations of several sections of the India Penal Code, the Epidemic Act, the Disaster Management Act and the Foreigners Act.
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- TRS MPs to meet on Sunday to chalk out party's strategy for Budget session of Parliament
- EXPLAINED: India’s annual Economic Survey
- With COVID expenses rising, taxpayers need more than an insurance rebate, says a wealth manager
- Budget 2022 expectation: Why India needs an urban MGNREGA
- Here’s why there is less adoption of the new tax regime and how budget 2022 can make it more attractive