Gujarat's COVID-19 cases go up by 391 to 11,380; deaths 659
As many as 191 coronavirus patients were dischargedfrom hospital Sunday, taking the number of recovered patientsin the state to 4,499, Principal Secretary (Health), JayantiRavi said.
Of the 19 districts which reported new cases ofcoronavirus on Sunday, 276 were found in Ahmedabad alone,while Surat and Vadodara reported 45 and 21 new casesrespectively.
The number of COVID-19 cases in Ahmedabad rose to8,420, while in Surat and Vadodara, the tally went up to 1,094and 660 respectively.
As many as 31 COVID-19 patients died in Ahmedabad, twoin Surat and one in Panchmahal.
With this, the death toll in Ahmedabad district hasgone up to 524 such patients.
As many as 191 COVID-19 patients were discharged formstate hospitals Sunday, due to which the count of recoveredpersons reached 4,499.
Of these, 115 patients were discharged fromAhmedabadhospitals. It took the total number of recoveredpatients here to 5,236 there.
"With this, Gujarat has achieved the recovery rate of39.53 per cent," Ravi said.
Out of the 6,222 active cases, 38 are on ventilatorsupport, she said.
The state has so far conducted tests on 1,43,600samples for coronavirus, Ravi said.
Other districts that reported high number of COVID-19cases are Gandhinagar (168), Bhavnagar (108), Banaskantha(83), Anand (83), Rajkot (79), Aravalli (78), Mehsana (75),Panchmahal (71) and Botad (56).Gujarat's COVID-19 figures are as follows: Positivecases: 11,380, new cases: 391, deaths: 659, discharged: 4,499,active cases: 6,222; people tested so far: 1,43,600. KA PDNSKNP NP
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- 'Quiet quitting' is a bad idea, experts say. Here are 6 things you can do instead to get the same results if you're looking for better work-life balance – or to lighten your workload
- This pioneering regional OTT has turned profitable in 5 years – here’s how
- A man's cancer vanished after he was injected with a weakened herpes virus in a promising clinical trial
- WhatsApp Business gives a new lease of life to solopreneurs across India and Bharat
- With 303 vulnerabilities, Google Chrome is the riskiest browser of 2022: Atlas VPN
- Taj Mahal will be open for night viewing during 'Sharad Purnima' for four nights
- Rupee falls 4 paise to 81.66 against US dollar in early trade
- Sensex is up 334 points, Nifty by 91 points tracking gains from Asian markets