What is PM SVANidhi Yojana and how to apply for a street vendor loan
- The Central Government recently launched the mobile application of the PM SVANidhi scheme on July 17.
- This scheme aims to target over 50 lakh street vendors who would be eligible to avail of a working capital loan of up to ₹10,000.
- Here’s all you need to know before applying for a
vendor loanunder PM SVANidhi Yojana.
In a move to make this scheme more accessible, the Central Government recently launched the mobile application of PM SVANidhi Scheme on July 17.
What is the PM SVANidhi scheme?
The PM SVANidhi scheme was launched by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, on June 01, 2020. It aims to provide affordable working capital loans to street vendors to resume their livelihoods that have been affected due to the coronavirus lockdown.
It targets over 50 lakh street vendors who would be eligible to avail a working capital loan of up to ₹10,000. The street vendors will be allowed to repay the loan in monthly installments in one year. If someone can pay earlier than the tenure, an interest subsidy of 7% per annum will be credited to the bank accounts of beneficiaries every quarter. And, there will be no penalty on early repayment of the loan.
What is PM SVANidhi Mobile App?
The PM SVANidhi Mobile App provides a user-friendly digital interface for Lending Institutions (LIs) & their field functionaries for sourcing as well as processing loan applications.
The application, along with others has an added feature of easy portability. The features range from e-KYC to processing of applications and real-time monitoring to vendor search in the survey data.
The application is easily available on Google play store for download.
“PM SVANidhi Mobile App is a step towards boosting the use of digital technology and will enable field functionaries of LIs like Banking Correspondents (BCs) and Agents of Non-Banking Financial Companies (NBFCs)/ Micro-Finance Institutions (MFIs), who have proximity with the street vendors, to ensure maximum coverage of the scheme. It is believed that launch of Mobile App will give impetus to the implementation strategy of the scheme besides promoting paperless digital access of micro-credit facilities by the Street Vendors,” the ministry said in a statement after the launch.
How to apply for a street vendor loan?
- Go to the website www.pmsvanidhi.mohua.gov.in or click here.
- Click on apply for a loan.
- Enter your mobile number and captcha.
- Select the category and fill the details required.
- Click submit
- Make sure you have all the documents handy. The requirements can be checked here.
- Make sure your mobile number is linked to your Aadhaar.
- Check your eligibility status here.
How you can check PM Kisan scheme beneficiaries status and list
Popular on BI
- Realme GT Neo 2 5G review: Great performance, fine display but camera needs work
- Cryptocurrency investment 101 — here’s how to do your own research (DYOR) and invest in the right digital asset
- Elon Musk’s puppy, a new strategy to burn tokens, and altcoins playing catch up — the perfect storm for cryptocurrency Shiba Inu to skyrocket
- India's farmers protest takes a gruesome turn with a chilling murder at the scene — here’s the sequence of events
- Bizarre! Shubhman Gill was brought back to bat after being declared out
- Ruturaj Gaikwad and Faf du Plessis — amazing data on how the two openers led CSK to IPL 2021 championship
- Budget and safety top criteria for Chennai households during festive season:LocalCircles
- Electric bus makers on a roll as states like Maharashtra and Karnataka send in large orders