Karnataka's COVID-19 tally may double in next 15-30 days: Health Minister
Asserting that the state government was initiating all measures to control the coronavirus, Sriramulu said: "There is no need to panic or lose hope." Meanwhile, former chief minister and JDS leader H D Kumaraswamy supported the complete lockdown announced by the government in Bengaluru Urban and Rural districts from July 14 to 22 in the wake of a spike in new cases in the past several days.He said there was a need to impose lockdown in other 'critical' districts and also demanded banning inter-district travel except for the transportation of essential commodities. "As COVID-19 cases are increasing in the state day by day, based on the advice of experts, complete lockdown will be imposed in Bengaluru Urban and Bengaluru Rural from July 14 Tuesday 8 pm to 5 am on July 22," Chief Minister B S Yediyurappa had said in a statement on Saturday. The announcement came as the state recorded its single-day highest of 2,798 new cases and 70 deaths. GMS VS VS
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Chinese hackers claim Apple's Secure Enclave chip has a new 'unfixable vulnerability'
- National Education Policy: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister writes to Modi opposing the shift to three languages
- Bajaj Auto's July sales drop by a third and the bigger dent came from exports
- One-time loan restructuring dilemma - RBI won’t commit, and India Inc won’t stop asking for it
- While people boycott Chinese products, IPL to retain Chinese sponsors: Omar Abdullah