Maha Budget: Rs 12,500 cr package for health institutions
Rs 7,500 crore would be spent over four years on upgradation of health institutions while Rs 5,000 crore would be spent for improving the quality of health services in municipal councils and nagar panchayats, he said.
"Under both the schemes, Rs 800 crore each will be spent in the financial year 2021-22," Pawar said.New medical colleges will be set up in Sindhudurg, Osmanabad, Nashik, Raigad and Satara district in the public- private-partnership mode, he said.
Cancer diagnosis facilities will be set up at 150 hospitals and physiotherapy and occupational therapy colleges will be set up in all 17 medical colleges in phases."Post-COVID counseling and treatment centres will be set up at every district hospital and government medical college in urban areas," Pawar said. ND KRK KRK
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- A newly found ‘super’ Earth only takes 2.4 days to complete a year
- A venture capitalist's advice for startups looking to raise money during this pandemic
- Into the wild: Epic pictures of magnificent beasts in their natural environment
- India clocks over 200,000 COVID-19 cases for a third day in a row
- Indian-origin scientist spots genes that fight Covid infection