Maha: Curfew imposed in Aurangabad to contain COVID-19 spread
As per the orders passed by the police commissioner on Thursday, only vehicles engaged in medical services and those belonging to industries with valid passes will be allowed to ply during curfew hours.
The administration has also advised citizens not to step out unnecessarily and purchase essentials from shops located within 2-km radius from their homes, the official said.The order that came into effect from Friday will be in force till July 15, he added. Advertisement
Meanwhile, as many as 200 fresh cases of COVID-19 were detected in Aurangabad district on Friday, taking the tally in the region to 6,243, a health official said.
Currently, the city has 2,995 active cases, while 2,969 patients have been discharged following recovery, he said.At least 279 persons have succumbed to the deadly infection in the district so far, he added. AW ARU ARU
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Best kids umbrellas that make rain or sun more fun
- Air India Express plane crash leaves 16 dead including both pilots with investigative teams on their way
- Best budget microwave ovens in India
- Best coffee mugs for cosy conversations & more
- First Man, Bandish Bandits— and other shows that you can watch on Netflix, Zee5, Disney+ Hotstar, and Amazon Prime