Massive fire at a hotel turned COVID-19 care centre in Andhra Pradesh kills atleast 10 and injures 10
- Vijayawada, at least 10 persons were killed on Sunday in a
firethat broke out at a hotel turned Covid-19 care centre here, officials said.
- Fire tenders rushed to the spot managed to bring the blaze under control.
- The fire broke out in the ground and first floors of the building. Inmates of the Covid-19 care centre began screaming and shouting following emanation of thick smoke.
At least ten people were killed on Sunday in a fire that broke out at a hotel turned Covid-19 care centre , officials said. Fire tenders rushed to the spot managed to bring the blaze under control.
The fire broke out in the ground and first floors of the building. Inmates of the Covid-19 care centre began screaming and shouting following emanation of thick smoke.
Fire accident in a hotel turned COVID care facility in Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh. Three feared dead, three more se… https://t.co/8alLbGReCM— Appaji Reddem (@appajireddem) 1596939767000
A few panicked persons jumped from the first floor of the building.
City commissioner of police Srinivasa Rao said that the condition of two persons is serious. Around 40 people, including 30 Covid-19 patients, were said to be in the centre when the mishap occurred. The rescued patients have been shifted to other covid care centres nearby.
A major fire reported in Vijayawada. 8 feared dead after a fire broke out at a Covid Care Centre. Hotel Swarna pala… https://t.co/snxKWsIPTj— Paul Oommen (@Paul_Oommen) 1596942013000
Tech Mahindra CFO says lateral hiring will take time — and only after utilisation improves to pre-COVID levels
A WhatsApp message, six weeks of talks and a $300 million deal – how Karan Bajaj sold his less than 18-month old startup White Hat Jr to Byju’s
- UP's Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath announces free funerals for deceased Covid patients
- You no longer need a Covid+ve report to get admitted to a hospital: Union Health Ministry
- Supreme Court sets up a 12-member National Task Force to facilitate public health response to the pandemic
- Adobe Summit 2021: Empowering a digital-first economy through personalisation
- Crime branch to probe recovery of O2 concentrators from Delhi eateries, including Khan Market's famous Khan Chacha and Town Hall