NCW to take action on assault of Surat doctor
The matter came to the fore after a purported video showing the doctor working in Surat Civil Hospital being physically assaulted by her neighbours, went viral.
Tagging the video, the National Commission of Women (NCW) said the safety of doctors who are the frontline workers in the period of distress is paramount. It said they are doing a commendable service to the nation when the world is battling with COVID-19 pandemic.
"The Commission shall take action to such incident of harassment," the rights body said in a tweet.UZM SRY
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- This Mumbai startup is making tearable laundry sheets, bamboo-based facial tissues and more to replace plastic
- With an eye on listing in the future, Jio Haptik trains guns on growth & profitability
- Govt approves PLI scheme for making drones with outlay of Rs 120 cr, comes out with norms
- Apple transportation through drones to become reality in tribal Kinnaur district of HP
- Researchers develop device that uses sound waves to separate blood-based nanoparticles