The rise in commodity prices is affecting common man pockets by at least 10%: Survey
- Around 92% of the Indians say that their
monthly expenseshave risen in the last three months, as per the new survey.
- 55% of the respondents believe that their monthly expenses may increase by more than 10%.
- On the other hand, 4% said that their expenses have declined in the last three months.
As per the latest data by the
And due to the increased price of commodities, the common man in
And around 70% of the respondents said that their monthly expenses have gone up by 10% in the last three months, while only 10% said they increased by 30-40%, and only 5% said that they went up by almost 50%, as per the data given by LocalCircles report.
The survey recorded over 23,500 responses received from over 12,000 households located across 323 districts of India including tier 1,2,3,4 cities and rural districts.
Furthermore, 55% of the respondents believe that their monthly expenses may increase more than 10%, while 26% anticipate that they will increase by 10% in the next three months.
2% say that inflation is not affecting them
Only 2% of the respondents said that their expenditures are still the same despite the inflation in the market. On the other hand, 4% said that their expenses have declined in the last three months.
While, 5% anticipate that their monthly expenses would remain the same and 14% believe that they may reduce between 10-30% in the next three months, as per the report.
Three devastating cyclones — Yaas, Tauktae, and Gulab — displaced 2.5 million Indians in 2021
About 8,000 people have been impacted by startup layoffs in India
Popular on BI
- Vishal Bhardwaj: A 2-hour movie made on an iPhone will be a reality soon
- Elon Musk cleared of fraud charges in 'Tesla funding secured' case
- Paytm founder announces operating profitability, says free cash flow generation is next
- India logs 128 fresh Covid cases
- ‘Padman of 2022’: Shark Peyush Bansal offers founder of women’s hygiene startup PadCare a blank cheque