Unlock 2: No need any pass for interstate (between state) movement of persons and Goods
- Union Home Secretary Ajay Bhalla on Monday wrote to Chief Secretaries of all states and Union Territories, making it clear that there shall be absolutely no hindrance in inter-state or intra-state movements of individuals or goods
- He also intimated the states about the new exemptions of Unlock 2 that will kick in from Wednesday, as well as asking them to strictly comply with the restrictions that the Centre continues to remain.
He also intimated the states about the new exemptions of Unlock 2 that will kick in from Wednesday, as well as asking them to strictly comply with the restrictions that the Centre continues to remain.
While informing about the opening up of economic activities, Bhalla said: "
Noting that the new guidelines, issued Monday, are based on feedback received from states and UTs, and extensive consultations held with related Central Ministries and Departments, he said that training institutions of the Central and state governments will be allowed to function with effect from July 15.
However, the Home Secretary empahsised that compliance of imposed restrictions is very necessary. "I would like to reiterate again that states/Union Territories cannot dilute restrictions imposed vide the aforesaid guidelines issued by the MHA," he cautioned. However, the states will be free to prohibit activities outside containment zones, which are otherwise allowed by the Centre, if they find it necessary.
The Centre announced the guidelines for Lockdown 2 on Monday night which it said will be in force till July 31. Almost all activities are being allowed outside containment zones save a few like operation of schools, and colleges, Metro rail services, international travel among others.
Popular on BI
- Close-ups of footage said to show Gabby Petito's van near where a body was found appear to show the rear door closing
- Elon Musk pulled his 'last remaining house' off the market after vowing last year to get rid of nearly all his possessions
- It's never been more clear: companies should give up on back to office and let us all work remotely, permanently
- Durex takes down its latest social media post on the bus scene from Netflix’s Sex Education after internet users call it ‘insensitive’
- Three reasons why this might be a good time to buy Bitcoin
- Sony ZV-E10 vlogging camera with interchangeable lens launched in India
- US, India, Japan, Australia to sign pact for stepping up chip production, reduce dependence on China
- Here’s how to schedule an email in Gmail