Infosys co-founders Gopalakrishnan and Shibulal sell their shares worth Rs 862 Crores
AdvertisementInfosys co-founders S Gopalakrishnan and S D Shibulal, and some of Shibulal's family members today sold 7.5 million equity shares of the company for Rs 862 Crores on exchanges.
The sale was executed by Citigroup Global Markets India Private Limited as the sole broker for the sale of shares. The sale of shares was executed at an average price of Rs 1,149.45 across all sellers, they said in a joint statement here.
The sale has been done to partially monetize their stake, having nurtured the company for more than three decades, for personal reasons including for the betterment of the society through various philanthropic activities, the statement said.
According to the statement, Gopalakrishnan sold 5,000,000 shares and Shibulal and his family 2,500,000 shares.
Image credit: Indiatimes
Popular on BI
- I just got laid off from my dream job at Tesla without warning. I feel like my life got uprooted so a billionaire could save some money.
- Four-days work week, full and final settlement within 2 days of exit — new changes at workplaces to reflect from July 1
- Akash Ambani to head Reliance Jio - that’s just phase I of Mukesh Ambani’s succession plan
- OnePlus Nord 2T Review — A balanced all rounder at an affordable price
- Reliance Industries, ONGC, Vedanta and others slapped with windfall, export tax on petroleum
- Sena moves SC to suspend Eknath Shinde and 15 other MLAs
- Sensex sinks by 400 points in early trade on weak global cues
- YouTube rolls out new tools to combat spam and account hijacking