27 gifts for the outdoor lover in your life - including camping, climbing, fishing, and travel gear
- Footwear, cookware, drinkware, and outerwear, it takes a lot of stuff to accommodate a 21st-century human in the great outdoors.
- There's an endless list of things of which the outdoorsperson is in need, but here are some ideas to help check a few things (and hopefully people) off your long list.
- Find more holiday gift ideas for 2019 from Insider Picks.
The easy thing about shopping for the outdoorsy sorts in your life is that chances are good they're in need of one thing or another. No, playing around in the dirt and the water is not a cheap hobby: Whether they're climbing, fly fishing, camping, surfing, or just hanging out at the beach, there are certain pieces of equipment that are plainly and simply essential. But not just anything will do. Good gear is good gear, and there is no cutting corners to produce it.
Below is a roundup of some gear (most of which we've tried and depended upon ourselves) that should help you knock down a name or two on your holiday shopping list this year.
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at email@example.com.
A nearly smokeless fire pit (and grill) that charges your phone
Boots fit for it all
A guide to mastery of outdoors-person-ship
A high-grade stainless steel decanter with magnetic tumbler glasses
A waterproof, drop-proof, virtually life-proof smartphone case
A boxful of fishing tackle
A small but perfectly functional, does-it-all packable cutlery set
A handmade bota bag
A sleeping bag built for bivouac, alpine camping
A portable stove (and pizza oven) they can pack in that also charges their phone
A waterproof, drop-proof, and virtually life-proof power pack
A collection of photographs and stories about fly fishing's most illustrious fish
A non-constrictive, eco-friendly scarf for the slopes
Sturdy cooking irons for the campfire
A wool blanket to last a lifetime
A fresh pair of binos
Proper gear protection
A campfire defender to keep their campfires (and maybe them) dry
A 6-piece cast iron set built for any fire
A bracelet to save the seas
A highly stowable vacuum sealer
A 2-in-1 beer cozy (can or bottle) and cocktail cup
A sleeping bag fit for winter
Sunglasses that contribute to shark conservation
An adventurer, after all, needs the right hat
A palatial tent upgrade
A classy bamboo fly rod
- Female African elephants evolved toward being tuskless over just a few decades as poachers sought ivory
- Manchester United owners are getting drawn to the world's biggest cricket league – here's why
- Federal Bank is offering internships for fresh graduates — Check out stipend, incentives and other details
- Best smartphones with 90Hz display under ₹20,000 in India
- Best 2.1 channel soundbars in India
- Best high speed monochrome printers in India
- Best multi-pin charging cables in India
- India vs Pakistan at T20 World Cup — Where to watch the match