A 12-year-old Philadelphia boy was shot dead after he answered the door at his home, police say
- A 12-year old boy was fatally shot last weekend while answering the door at his house in Philadelphia, according to NBC 10.
- Sadeek Clark-Harrison was fatally shot in the head and died at the scene. His mother, Lisa Clark, told the news outlet she was "disgusted."
- She added that the unidentified suspect was saying her son's name.
- A Philadelphia Police Department spokesperson told Insider that authorities haven't yet identified a suspect or a motive.
A 12-year-old boy in Philadelphia was fatally gunned down while answering the door at his home, but so far authorities have not identified any suspects or a motive, according to police.
Police identified the child as Sadeek Clark, and said they found his body near his front door with a gunshot wound to the head last Sunday around 3 a.m, a spokesperson told Insider in a statement.The boy was at home with his sister and grandmother at the time of the incident, NBC 10 Philadelphia reported. Police told the news outlet that the shooter knocked on the door, then opened fire through the door's window, striking Clark in the head.
"They took my baby away from me. He was a good boy and he helped everybody around here," the child's mother, Lisa Clark, told CBS Philly.According to The Independent, Deputy Commissioner Melvin Singleton said that "one 9mm shell casing" was found at the scene. But police didn't recover any weapons at the scene, nor do they the identity of the suspect, Torres told Insider.
—NBC10 Philadelphia (@NBCPhiladelphia) November 22, 2020
"What we know at this time is that there was a knock at the door. No descriptions of any persons at the door, one shot was fired," Singleton said, according to The Independent.Clark told NBC 10 that the unidentified suspect was saying her son's name. "I'm disgusted that someone would come to my door, late at night, and shoot him," Clark told the news station. "They were knocking on his door and calling his name, 'Sadeek! Sadeek!'"Philadelphia police haven't yet identified a motive for the shooting, but Torres told Insider the Homicide Detectives Division is handling the investigation of the boy's death.
Read more:An Arkansas man received a racist letter calling him 'the laughing stock of the neighborhood' for displaying a Black Santa Claus on his property
- Whether we like it or not, Indians are already partaking in the superfood ‘trend’
- India records 16,488 new COVID-19 cases and 113 deaths in last 24 hours
- Maharashtra to conduct class 12,10 exams from 23 and 29 April
- Here is what to expect from Maruti, M&M, Hero, Bajaj Auto and other automakers in February auto sales
- Google pledges $5 million to address disparities in COVID-19 vaccinations