A 61-year-old Alaska man describes brutal bear attack: 'He cracked all the bones and part of my head'
- Allen Dewitt Minish, of Chitna,
Alaska, was surveying a wooded area when he encountered the brown bear.
- The brown bear attacked him, and he had to be airlifted to a hospital.
- He was treated for serious injuries, including puncture wounds and lacerations to his head.
An Alaska man is recovering from a brutal
Alaskan State Troopers said Allen Dewitt Minish, of Chitna, was surveying a wooded area near Gulkana on Tuesday when he encountered the brown bear.
Minish told Alaska's News Source that despite trying to hide in some shrubs, the bear charged toward him.
"He lunged, grabbed my head, took the first bite, relaxed, and took the second bite, that was stronger, and that's when he cracked all the bones and part of my head," he told the publication, adding that there was a point the bear's mouth was over his head.
The bear eventually walked away, and Minish called 911.
Minish was flown to Anchorage hospital, where he was treated for serious injuries, including puncture wounds and lacerations to his head, state troopers said.
The bear has not been found, troopers said.
- Shimla stipulated 75 ponds Amrit Sarovar for water conservation to mark Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav
- Mumbai breathes its cleanest air ever for the second time this monsoon
- Reliance Jio, Voda step up hiring as 5G related job postings up 65%
- Rupee gains 22 paise against the dollar as crude prices ease, FPIs come back
- Cabinet clears proposal to raise ECLGS corpus to Rs 5 lakh cr for tourism and hospitality sector