A 61-year-old Alaska man describes brutal bear attack: 'He cracked all the bones and part of my head'
- Allen Dewitt Minish, of Chitna,
Alaska, was surveying a wooded area when he encountered the brown bear.
- The brown bear attacked him, and he had to be airlifted to a hospital.
- He was treated for serious injuries, including puncture wounds and lacerations to his head.
An Alaska man is recovering from a brutal
Alaskan State Troopers said Allen Dewitt Minish, of Chitna, was surveying a wooded area near Gulkana on Tuesday when he encountered the brown bear.
Minish told Alaska's News Source that despite trying to hide in some shrubs, the bear charged toward him.
"He lunged, grabbed my head, took the first bite, relaxed, and took the second bite, that was stronger, and that's when he cracked all the bones and part of my head," he told the publication, adding that there was a point the bear's mouth was over his head.
The bear eventually walked away, and Minish called 911.
Minish was flown to Anchorage hospital, where he was treated for serious injuries, including puncture wounds and lacerations to his head, state troopers said.
The bear has not been found, troopers said.
- I took a new job in a remote location after my divorce. There aren't many people to date, but I'm happy staying single.
- OnlyFans star Riley Reid plans to 'immortalize' herself using AI. Here's how her team built her new chatbot.
- A boomer grandma advises on how to set boundaries with millennial kids when it comes to babysitting
- India's best relaxing holiday spots for peaceful retreats
- Inter-ministerial approval board can permit demarcation of non-processing area under IT sector SEZs
- Winter wellness: 10 Amla recipes to embrace this season
- ‘Confident’ Indians might splurge on big-ticket items in 2024
- Tata Power stock zooms ahead after brokerage on upgrade