A California mom whose toddler was killed by a stray bullet on highway is 'pleading for help' to find the gunman involved in son's death
- A California mother is calling for the public's help to locate the suspect involved in her son's killing.
- Cherry An's son, Jasper Wu, was shot dead amid a gunfight on a freeway last Saturday.
The California mother whose toddler was struck and killed by a stray bullet while driving on the freeway is asking the public for help to locate the shooter involved.
According to CBS San Francisco, Wu was transported to a local hospital where he died.
During an interview with NBC Bay Area this week, An said she's "pleading for help to help find my son's killer. If anyone has any information, please call authorities."
A GoFundMe for the family has raised over $220,000 as of Sunday. An said she appreciated the support from the community; she told NBC Bay Area.
According to the fundraiser, the toddler did not get the opportunity to meet his father, who was in China during the incident.
"Jasper never had a chance to meet his father because his father went back to China and has not been able to return to the United States to be with his wife and see Jasper's birth because of the COVID travel restrictions," the GoFundMe said. "Jasper's father was finally able to get permission to enter the country on Monday, November 8, 2021, to make arrangements for his son's funeral."
The Associated Press reported that the Oakland Chinese Chamber of Commerce is offering a 10,000 award for information leading to the gunman's arrest.
"Protecting its citizens serves as the government's fundamental responsibility, and if the death of this toddler, on his way home with his family, doesn't wake us up to the out-of-control crime in Oakland, I don't know what will," Carl Chan, President of Oakland Chinese Chamber of Commerce, said in a news release, CBS San Francisco reported.
Chan continued: "We can all be victims, and I call on the California Highway Patrol to increase its presence on our roadways so tragedies like this can be prevented," according to the outlet.
- I just got laid off from my dream job at Tesla without warning. I feel like my life got uprooted so a billionaire could save some money.
- Four-days work week, full and final settlement within 2 days of exit — new changes at workplaces to reflect from July 1
- Mark Zuckerberg told Meta staff he's upping performance goals to get rid of employees who 'shouldn't be here,' report says
- SIMPLY PUT: extreme weather is the new normal in India
- Antonia Wade, PwC's global CMO, tells Insider how B2B spending changes in tough economic times
- Ban on single-use plastic kicks in across India as the country recognises the choking impacts of plastic waste on the environment
- Bank FDs will draw down from mutual funds if interest rates go up to 7.5-8%, says report
- Best smartphones under ₹40,000 in India