A company in Uganda is turning the waste from bananas into rugs, place mats, and baskets
- Besides fruit, banana plants also produce giant stems as tall as a person that will never grow again.
- These stems wind up making up a huge portion of the billion tons of waste agriculture produces each year.
- TexFad, a Ugandan company, is turning this waste into
fiberthat can be used for home goods like rugs, place mats, and baskets.
Popular on BI
- A Google employee of 11 years says he and his wife stared at each other in 'disbelief' when they realized they'd both been laid off by the company
- A Google engineer of 8 years says his 'spidey-senses' detected incoming layoffs — and felt 'isolated' when his 'faceless' severance email arrived
- 6 signs that you're in a one-sided relationship and how to find balance
- Google may release Pixel Tablet Pro with Tensor G2 chip
- BMW launches its 3rd gen BMW X1 in India
- YouTube Music on the web gets mood filters
- Premium segment contributed 35% of overall smartphone market revenue in 2022
- US industry urges FM to rationalise, simplify direct and indirect taxes in India