A Georgia poll worker has been forced into hiding after being falsely accused of throwing out a ballot
- Per a press conference that was posted by NBC News, a poll worker in Georgia has been forced into hiding after a video of him throwing out a list of instructions went viral online.
- According to Fulton Election Director Rick Barron, online viewers were accusing the worker of throwing out a ballot and are sending him threats.
Tensions are running high in the battleground state of Georgia as the vote count continues.press conference posted to NBC, Barron said that online viewers were sending the poll worker threats and accusing him of discarding a ballot.
—Nicole Carr (@NicoleCarrWSB) November 6, 2020
With the worker's personal information being released online, Barron said that he's had to leave his house and stay with friends. He also had to shut down his social media pages and is afraid to drive."He's afraid to drive his car because the information about his car and license plate is out there," Barron said.
- Best smartphones with 256GB of internal storage
- MediaTek Dimensity 1200 5G-ready chipset launched in India – here’s everything you need to know
- Congress leader Rahul Gandhi tests positive for COVID-19
- FAQs about COVID-19 drugs answered by AIIMS’ director Randeep Guleria
- Uttar Pradesh to go under weekend curfew from April 24, UP minister Hanuman Mishra succumbs to COVID-19