Brooklyn subway shooting suspect faces life in prison on a federal charge prohibiting terror attacks on public transit
- The suspect in Tuesday's mass
shootingat a Brooklynsubway station was arrested on Wednesday.
- He faces a count of committing terrorist attacks and other violence against a mass transit system.
Frank James, the suspect in Tuesday's mass shooting at a Brooklyn subway station, faces life in prison on a federal charge prohibiting terror attacks on public transit, authorities said on Wednesday.
James was arrested in
US Attorney for the Eastern District of New York Breon Peace said at a press conference on Wednesday that James will be charged in Brooklyn Federal Court.
He is facing one count of committing terrorist attacks and other violence against a mass transportation system, according to an arrest warrant.
"He will be charged with committing yesterday's appalling
Police said a man wearing a gas mask set off smoke grenades in a subway car at around 8:30 a.m. on Tuesday, before firing a gun at least 33 times.
The gun left at the scene was used by police to confirm the identity of James, who was made a person of interest on Tuesday afternoon and on Wednesday was identified as the lone suspect in the shooting.
Authorities declined at the press conference to comment on any motive or if the attack was an act of terrorism.
NYPD Chief of Detectives James Essig said James was previously arrested nine times in New York City, and another three times in New Jersey.
- People are posting parody photos of their bedside table in response to Elon Musk's tweet which suggested the Twitter CEO kept two guns by his bed
- Elon Musk calls on all Twitter designers, engineers doing software to sit on his floor of HQ for 'dense and intense' work
- Sensex, Nifty50 open higher as US Fed signals smaller rate hikes – TCS, Apollo Hospitals, Zomato among stocks in focus
- Here are the best apps and games on Google Play in India 2022
- Top 10 companies with the highest net profit in India as per Hurun 2022 list
- Rupee gains 8 paise to close at 81.22 against US dollar
- BYJU’s, Zomato, Dream11 among India’s most valuable PE/VC-funded companies as per Hurun
- GST revenues rose by 11% to ₹1.46 lakh crore in November: Finance Ministry
- Dharmaj Crop IPO
- Reliance Jio
- Whatsapp tips
- Air India crew guidelines
- Mukesh Ambani
- tata Consumer
- Highest Revenue companies
- New Cars in December 2022
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- VerSe Innovation Company
- Top Valuable unlisted Company
- Tata Tiago cng vs Alto k10 cng
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World