Close-ups of footage said to show Gabby Petito's van near where a body was found appear to show the rear door closing
- YouTube footage purporting to show
Gabby Petito's van appears to show the rear door closing.
- The YouTubers Jenn and Kyle Bethune said they believed the van was unoccupied as they passed.
- A zoomed-in view of the van shows the door move while the camera is still distant.
Close-up views of footage taken by a family of YouTubers appear to show the door of Gabby Petito's van closing as they approached.
Jenn and Kyle Bethune, part of a vlogging family known as Red White & Bethune on YouTube, posted footage on Sunday showing a white van on their travels.
They said the video was recorded on August 27 near Grand Teton National Park in
The van closely resembles the converted 2012 Ford Transit van Petito and her boyfriend,
Jenn Bethune told Insider's Connor Perrett that the family was driving through Spread Creek Dispersed Camping Area about 6 p.m. on August 27.
The family's GoPro, affixed to the front of its vehicle, captured the footage.
The Spread Creek camping area is where a body that's believed to be Petito's was found Sunday.
Petito was reported missing on September 11 after she did not return from a cross-country road trip with Laundrie.
In their footage, the Bethunes say they hope to say hello to the occupants of the van, as they have noticed their Florida license plates. But as the pass, they say they think the van is unoccupied, so they keep driving.
"The van looked pretty much abandoned. We figured maybe they were out hiking, they were just chilling inside. There were no doors open," Kyle Bethune says in the voice-over.
But when zoomed in, the video appears to show the van's rear door closing as the Bethunes' vehicle approaches. The moment is not easy to spot in the footage, at around 1 minute 34 seconds:
The van in the Bethunes' footage has not been confirmed to be Petito's, and as of Sunday, the FBI had not responded to the tip Jenn Bethune submitted about the video, she said.
A photo of Petito's van released by the FBI on Thursday shows several stickers on the rear. Close-ups of the van in the Bethunes' footage show, albeit in low resolution, stickers that appear to match.
But some of the stickers - notably a distinctive black triangular one - do not appear in the Bethunes' footage.
Authorities continue to search for Laundrie, who was reported missing on September 14 after he refused to speak with police for days as part of the search for Petito.
- India’s techies are leaving IT firms in hordes — Here’s why
- After a near-record run at the top of Netflix's US Top 10 list, pop culture smash 'Squid Game' has been bumped by another show
- Elon Musk’s puppy, a new strategy to burn tokens, and altcoins playing catch up — the perfect storm for cryptocurrency Shiba Inu to skyrocket
- Crypto hackers now target iPhone users via dating apps like Bumble, Tinder
- HP Envy 14 review: A solid no-frills laptop for productivity and occasional gaming
- How to edit PDF online using your browser
- Consumer demand for bigger homes in Mumbai is rising — is a price hike on the cards?
- CBSE class 10, 12 board exams 2022: Date sheet for term 1 exams to be released today
- India T20 World cup Jersey
- Photo Editors Apps
- Google Pixel 6 series
- CBSE examdate sheet
- Tata Punch Price
- Punit Goenka
- Motorola Edge 20 Mobile
- Google TV stick vs Amazon Fire TV stick
- Oneplus 9rt smartphone
- Samsung Galaxy M52 review
- Nykaa IPO
- India Coal Crisis
- iPhone 13 vs iPhone 13 mini
- IRCTC Share price
- Maximum Sixes
- Tata Sons