N.Korea builds ice cream factory on Kim Jong-un's order
North Koreahas recently been dialing up efforts to improve its people's livelihoods amid chronic food shortages.
- A ceremony was held on Wednesday to celebrate the construction of a "modern" ice cream production base.
- Taesongsan is a mountain at the edge of
Pyongyangwith major attraction sites, including amusement parks.
North Korea has completed building an ice cream factory in Pyongyang as instructed by leader
A ceremony was held on Wednesday to celebrate the construction of a "modern" ice cream production base in the centre of Taesongsan, according to the North's official
Jon Hyon-chol, chairman of the budget committee of the Supreme People's Assembly, delivered a speech at the ceremony, stressing that the "project for improving the welfare of the people cannot be delayed regardless of how severe the hardships are",
He added that the construction was completed within a short period of time thanks to "special measures" taken by leader
Taesongsan is a mountain at the edge of Pyongyang with major attraction sites, including amusement parks, swimming pools and a zoo.
North Korea has recently been dialing up efforts to improve its people's livelihoods amid chronic food shortages and prolonged global sanctions.
SEE ALSO: 61% professionals tell their families what they earn, not co-workers or friends: survey
Rupee gains 67 paise to 82.14 against US dollar
Drones to monitor illegal prawn ponds in Odisha wetlands
Popular on BI
- Culinary odyssey: Exploring Kochi's 10 famous cuisines
- Scientists have finally figured out what happened to the lost continent ‘Argoland’ that went missing 155 million years ago
- Revamp your health in 2024: 10 Essential food habits for a better life
- Consistent inflows push small-cap funds AUM past Rs 2 lakh cr mark in Nov
- Ola Electric aims to raise nearly Rs 5,800 cr via IPO, to file DRHP