Nouriel Roubini to speak at the Business Insider Global Trends Festival
Axel Springer / Karolina Nowak
- Global Trends Festival is one of the world's most prestigious events which will be live from Oct 19-23.
- While nobel laureates, some of the biggest political and corporate icons will provide thought leadership, it's a great platform to network with CXOs from around the world.
- Global Trends Festival 2020 is presented by AWS.
- Get your tickets now from BookMyShow.
Business Insider is proud to announce that
While Roubini's ideas and opinions can prove divisive, one thing everyone can agree on is that they all want to know his opinions.
TOP VIDEOS FOR YOU
In 2006, Roubini spoke in an address to the International Monetary Fund: he warned of an impending recession. His predictions came to fruition in 2008, with the housing bubble bursting and plunging the world into a global financial crisis. His prediction led him to become considered one of the world's most influential thinkers, in 2009.
Born in 1958 to an Iranian-Jewish family in Istanbul, Roubini moved to Italy with his family in 1962. He studied economics at the Bocconi University in Milan, going on to receive his doctorate at Harvard.
Roubini specialized in macroeconomics and international economics. Until 1995, he lectured at Yale University and then at New York University Stern School of Business. As a scholarship holder, he worked for the International Monetary Fund and sat on the Council of White House Economic Advisors.
The economist spent most of his early academic career exploring countries that experienced extreme economic setbacks (Mexico, Thailand, Russia, Argentina).
As well as being a professor of economics at New York University's Stern School of Business, Nouriel Roubini is also the CEO of a global macroeconomic consultancy firm, Roubini Macro Associates and the Co-Founder of Rosa & Roubini Associates based out of London.
Don't miss your chance to hear from Roubini at the Business Insider
- Myntra signs up Hrithik Roshan, Vijay Deverakonda and Dulquer Salmaan as its newest brand ambassadors
- Google is now using Chrome as an added security layer for account sign-ins
- How to check the IMEI number on your phone
- India vs England Test Series: Here’s the schedule, match timings, trivia and where you can watch it
- India’s NFT space is growing almost as fast as cryptocurrencies did