One place you won't find guns in the wake of the Texas school massacre? The NRA's upcoming leadership conference in Houston this week.
- One place you won't be able to find firearms in
Texasis at the NRA's Houston conference this week.
- Attendees aren't allowed to bring their firearms into the event, per
One place you won't be able to find firearms in Texas after the Robb Elementary School massacre is, surprisingly, the
According to a memo on the NRA's website, NRA members will not be able to bring their firearms to the Houston meeting.
The leadership forum is described as "one of the most politically significant and popular events in the country, featuring our nation's top Second Amendment leaders in government, the media, and the entertainment industry."
Confirmed speakers for the event include former President Donald Trump and Texas Gov. Greg Abbott. Other scheduled speakers include Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, Texas Rep. Dan Crenshaw, and South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem.
However, the listing for the event, which is scheduled to begin on Friday at 2 p.m., flags "IMPORTANT" security information that all attendees must abide by.
"With the announcement that President Donald J. Trump will be speaking at the Forum, the US Secret Service will take control of the General Assembly Hall and have magnetometers in place before entry. You will be subject to a search of your person and belongings," read the memo.
The memo outlines how, per the US Secret Service's guidelines, "firearms, firearm accessories, knives, and other items WILL NOT BE PERMITTED in the General Assembly Hall."
The NRA also advised its members to "read the list of prohibited items carefully before traveling to the event."
"You will not be allowed in the General Assembly Hall with any of the items on this list," read the NRA's event guidelines. "There is no storage available for firearms."
This is not particular to this event. Guns have previously been prohibited by the Secret Service at events concerning the Service, even in open-carry states.
The conference occurs three days after at least 19 children and two adults were killed in a mass shooting at Robb Elementary School in
- Richest entrepreneurs under 40 named in the IIFL Wealth Hurun list became more richer by 12% in last one year
- Time taken to deliver items & returns are the key pain points for e-comm consumers
- DGCI allows Serum Institute to export malaria vaccine to UK
- Upcoming cars launching in India in October 2022
- Gurgaon-based Indifi disbursed ₹2,800 crore worth of loans to small business owners
- Tata Tiago Electric Car
- HCL Tech
- World Heart Day 2022
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- Reliance Retail
- Akash Ambani
- Amazon festival Sale
- Vinod Shantilal Adani
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Accenture earnings forecast
- India's Richest People
- Best 5G Smartphone
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World