Palestinian gunman kills at least 5 in Tel Aviv amid spate of terror attacks throughout Israel: reports
- A Palestinian gunman killed at least 5 people in a terror
shootingoutside Tel Aviv on Tuesday.
- Tuesday's victims join six other Israelis who were killed in terror attacks in the last week.
A Palestinian gunman is dead after he opened fire and killed at least five people in an Orthodox neighborhood outside Tel Aviv,
The shooting marks the fifth attack in less than a week as tensions increase ahead of Ramadan, Passover, and Easter all in the coming month, The New York Times reported.
Israeli paramedics said at least five people were killed in the Tuesday attack, The Guardian reported. Witnesses told Israeli public broadcaster Kan that the gunman arrived in the eastern Tel Aviv suburb of Bnei Brak by motorcycle or scooter before he began firing at pedestrians with what appeared to be an automatic weapon.
According to The Times, the shooter then drove to a second location nearby where he was shot and killed by police.
Video broadcast on Israeli television stations shows a man dressed in all black walking down the streets of Bnei Brak pointing a weapon at people.
The suspected gunman is a 26-year-old Palestinian from the West Bank, according to Kan. The outlet reported that he was jailed for half a year in 2013 for trafficking arms and holding membership in a terrorist group.
Eleven Israelis have been killed in terror attacks in the last week, according to The Times of Israel. In addition to the five dead on Tuesday, two others were killed in a shooting in Hadera on Sunday and four people were killed in a
More Israelis were killed in terror attacks this past week than in all of 2020 and 2021 combined, the outlet reported.
- Culinary odyssey: Exploring Kochi's 10 famous cuisines
- Scientists have finally figured out what happened to the lost continent ‘Argoland’ that went missing 155 million years ago
- Revamp your health in 2024: 10 Essential food habits for a better life
- Consistent inflows push small-cap funds AUM past Rs 2 lakh cr mark in Nov
- Ola Electric aims to raise nearly Rs 5,800 cr via IPO, to file DRHP