Rep. Lauren Boebert says the US and Canada are in need of liberation like Ukraine
Lauren Boeberthas called for the US and Canadato be "liberated" like Ukraine.
- Boebert referenced Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelensky's decision to remain in Kyiv amid
Colorado Rep. Lauren Boebert on Sunday suggested that the US and Canada need to be "liberated" like Ukraine, lauding the country's President Volodymyr Zelensky for his "live free or die" attitude.
"I pray for Ukraine, and I wish them the best. They have a great president right now who has really said clearly, 'Live free or die.' He said, 'I don't need a ride, give me ammunition. The fight is right here,'" she told Fox Nation while attending the Conservative Political Action Conference.
"But we also have neighbors to the north who need
The congresswoman had referred to Zelensky's vow to remain in Kyiv to face the Russian invasion. He had declined an offer from the US to be evacuated from the city, saying: "The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride."
It is unclear what Boebert meant by "liberated" in this context, and representatives for the congresswoman did not immediately respond to a request for comment from Insider.
Boebert last month also openly backed the Freedom Convoy, a movement sparked by thousands of truckers in Canada who to the country's capital to protest vaccine mandates.
"The Freedom Convoy is representative of a people's yearning for freedom — something so many thought may have been all but lost to decadence. I'm glad to see the will to fight for liberty is still alive and well!" Boebert tweeted on February 15.
- Not hard, not soft, the earliest dino eggs may have been of a 'leathery' texture to protect against damage: study
- Don't need to go big to go home: Australia is turning to sustainable 'tiny houses' to fix their housing crisis!
- Affordability levels to buy homes hit in last 2 years; to improve in 2024 on likely repo rate cut: JLL
- Carbon tax turns into climate fight at COP28
- Market to focus on macro data, global trends: Analysts