Russia to use virus treatment in pneumonia cases
"We're seeing that the disease progresses fast, and it has specific clinical presentation, (allowing) to diagnose (it) without confirming in the lab based on the clinical presentation," Murashko said in a TV interview that aired on Thursday night.
Murashko's statement echoes earlier comments from Moscow doctors involved in treating coronavirus patients, saying that the vast majority of pneumonia cases in Russia are most likely caused by the new virus and should be treated as such."Existing tests for confirming COVID-19 are 70-80% accurate," Denis Protsenko, chief doctor of a top Moscow hospital treating coronavirus patients, said Thursday.
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Sensex registers worst trading day since May 2020 — ends nearly 2000 points lower
- HUL aims to achieve 100% plastic waste collection this year
- India now allows you to avail a discount on flight ticket if you are not carrying a check-in baggage
- Leader of Opposition, 4 other Cong MLAs suspended for rest of Budget session over alleged manhandling of Himachal Pradesh Governor. PTI DJI SMN ASH ASH
- Levi’s ad with global ambassador Deepika Padukone aims at inspiring a culture of sisterhood and celebrate individuality