Thailand's playboy king has taken back his royal consort and restored all her military ranks after purging her for disloyalty last year
King Rama Xof Thailandhas taken back his royal consort after disgracing her for disloyalty in October 2019.
- Sineenat Wongvajirapakdi was stripped of her military ranks and accused with trying to usurp the Queen of Thailand.
- But last week, a statement from the royal household said Wongvajirapakdi had been reinstated.
- "As Miss Sineenat Wongvajirapakdi has never been a tarnished person, His Majesty has given her the title of the royal consort, military ranks and royal decorations continuously," it said.
King Rama X, Thailand's playboy monarch, has taken back his royal consort and reinstated her military ranks after purging her for disloyalty 10 months ago.Sineenat Wongvajirapakdi was one of 11 officials to be stripped of their titles and disgraced during a purge of the royal court in October 2019.
View all Offers
OnePlus Nord 2 5G (Blue Haze, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage) I Extra upto Rs.1000 off on Exchange₹ 29999Buy On
- 18% OFF
Redmi 9A (Nature Green, 2GB RAM, 32GB Storage) | 2GHz Octa-core Helio G25 Processor | 5000 mAh Battery₹ 6999₹ 8499Buy On
OnePlus Nord 2 5G (Gray Sierra, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage) I Extra upto Rs.1000 off on Exchange₹ 29999Buy On
- 19% OFF
Redmi Note 10 (Aqua Green, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) -Amoled Dot Display | 48MP Sony Sensor IMX582 | Snapdragon 678 Processor₹ 12999₹ 15999Buy On
- 18% OFF
Redmi 9 (Carbon Black, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) | 2.3GHz Mediatek Helio G35 Octa core Processor₹ 8999₹ 10999Buy On
"She was not satisfied with the position granted and has acted in every way to match herself with Her Majesty the Queen," the statement said. King Rama made Tidjai his fourth wife in May 2019.But on Monday, a statement in the Royal Gazette said that Wongvajirapakdi had been wrongly demoted, and that her ranks have been reinstated, the Bangkok Post reported. The announcement was published on August 29 and dated August 28, the Post said.
"As Miss Sineenat Wongvajirapakdi has never been a tarnished person, His Majesty has given her the title of the royal consort, military ranks and royal decorations continuously," it said."It will be regarded that she was never stripped of the royal consort title, military ranks and royal decorations previously." While Wongvajirapakdi appears to be back in favor, King Rama X is for the first time in decades facing a challenge to his rule.
Protests that began in July, in the name of free elections and a new constitution, have since been joined by those wanting to reform the monarchy.
The country operates strict lèse-majesté laws, which make it illegal to insult, defame, or threaten any member of the royal family. Criticizing the monarchy is punishable by up to 15 years in jail.The government has sought to silence the demonstrations, asking Facebook to block users in Thailand from seeing posts from the one-million-member group "Royalist Marketplace," which criticized the king.
In the meantime, King Rama X has reportedly spent the coronavirus pandemic holed up in a four-star hotel in the Bavarian Alps alongside 20 female companions.
- BMW builds two futuristic electric scooters that you cannot buy
- Facebook’s first smart glasses in partnership with Ray-Ban are coming soon but don’t get too excited yet
- Shortform apps to take over second spot in users time spent after Internet giants like Facebook and Google: RedSeer
- OPINION: Rupee exchange rate against the Euro may improve to 86 in the near term
- Mortgage startup Easy has raised $15 million to provide quick home loans in a matter of days