The best all-inclusive resorts in Mexico
- Even at higher price points, all-inclusive resorts add strong value since they cover the entire price of the vacation including food and drink, and often, activities.
- Mexico is an all-inclusive resort paradise filled with hotel options for every type of traveler, from romantic adults-only getaways to kid-focused and fun stays.
- We picked top-rated all-inclusive resorts across the most popular areas of Mexico that deliver on beach views, spacious rooms, plenty of on-site activities, and excellent dining. Resorts range from budget-friendly with all the necessities starting at $127, to worthy splurges that include premium liquor, massive entry-level suites, and personal butlers for $896.
- Read all Business Insider Hotel Reviews here.
A note from your Insider Reviews travel editor: Coronavirus has interrupted travel on a global scale forcing travelers to cancel and reassess plans in the coming weeks and months. We understand that right now is a challenging time to plan travel. But when this time passes and things return to normal, we know you'll be eager to explore the world again.
Whenever that happens for you, and we know it will, we hope our travel content helps you make informed, useful, and inspiring choices on the best places and hotels to book. So whether you use our reviews now, bookmark them for the future, or simply need an escape from the news, we'll continue to share the world with you. In the meantime, we encourage all travelers to stay safe, follow guidelines from the CDC website, and take precautions.
When it comes to beach vacations, going the all-inclusive route can be a game-changer. There's no need to whip out the credit card for every pina colada or mid-day snack, and budgeting is significantly easier since you'll know the total cost upfront.
Mexico, in particular, is a mecca for all-inclusive resorts and often priced far cheaper than you'll find at Caribbean counterparts. Whether you're a couple looking for secluded romance in rooms with private plunge pools, or a family planning a multi-gen escape for everyone from toddlers to grandma, there's an all-inclusive resort with white-sand beaches and turquoise waves to consider.
In fact, the abundance of choice can be overwhelming. In addition to seeking a memorable property, it's important to consider questions like: will all the free food be good? Will there be upcharges for premium restaurants? Are activities included? Are rooms comfortable or dated? Is the resort crowded or relaxing?
We sought to answer these questions by selecting all-inclusive resorts in Mexico that promise to deliver on lofty expectations so there's no risk of disappointment later, surprises over hidden fees, or pain points that some overextended resorts are apt to experience.
Need more vacation inspiration? Click on the link below to discover all kinds of tropical retreats.
- The best wellness retreats in the Caribbean
- The best affordable overwater bungalows around the world
- The best hotels for families in the US
- The best honeymoon destinations and hotels
- The best affordable hotels with private plunge pools
We picked top resorts across multiple categories, including the best spots for couples, families, big groups, budget-conscious travelers, and those looking to splurge on luxurious stays. Our selections are based on our own experiences, as well as a range of price points, and come with overwhelmingly positive but critical reviews and rankings on trusted traveler sites such as Trip Advisor and Booking.com to help ensure everything included delivers on quality and service.
Additionally, every all-inclusive resort is rated at least 4 out of 5-stars on Trip Advisor and an 8 out of 10 on Booking.com. Prices start at the budget-friendly $127 per night to top-tier luxury resorts starting at $896 that are absolutely worth it.
While all-inclusives can come with a higher cost, the value is strong considering the price tag includes all meals, liquor, and many activities in addition to well-appointed rooms.
Here are the best all-inclusive resorts in Mexico, by category
Keep reading for the best all-inclusive resorts in Mexico, sorted by category and price from low to high.
You can purchase syndication rights to this story here.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Reviews team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at email@example.com.
- ‘Padman of 2022’: Shark Peyush Bansal offers founder of women’s hygiene startup PadCare a blank cheque
- Gautam Adani lost $52 billion in 6 days. That's over 3 times what Sam Bankman-Fried lost in a similar timeframe.
- A 45-year-old biotech CEO may have reduced his biological age by at least 5 years through a rigorous medical program that can cost up to $2 million a year, Bloomberg reported
- Measures in place to address excess volatility: Sebi on Adani crisis
- Revival of rural economy to take time in the absence of triggers: JM Financial
- Logistics startup FarEye lays off 90 employees, 2nd job cut in 8 months
- Vani Jayaram, the voice behind 10,000 songs, passes away at 78
- Not the first time FPO is taken back, won't affect image of the country: FM