RANKED: The most powerful passports in the world
- As per The Henley Passport Index, India is up seven positions from 90th in October 2021 to 83rd in January 2022.
- The country now has access to two more countries without a prior visa as compared to last year.
- These are the
most powerful passports in the world.
AdvertisementIndia is 83rd on The Henley Passport Index, up seven positions since October 2021. The country now has access to 60 countries without a prior visa.
The ranking is based on International Air Transport Authority (IATA) data on how easy it is for citizens from different countries to move around.
These are the
1. Japan and Singapore
Both Japan and Singapore secured the first rank again in the list. The passport holders from these countries can travel visa free to 192 countries.
2. Germany and South Korea
Grabbing the second spot yet again, Germany and South Korea passport holders can travel to 190 countries without a prior visa.
3. Finland, Italy, Luxembourg and Spain
These countries combinely share the third rank of the list. Citizens of these countries can travel visa-free to 189 countries.
4. Austria, Denmark, France and Netherlands
France and Netherlands climb up by one spot to join Austria and Denmark at number 4, with access to 188 countries without a prior visa.
5. Ireland and Portugal
Swedish and Portuguese can travel to 187 countries without any prior visa.
6. Belgium, New Zealand, Norway, Switzerland, United Kingdom and United States
The sixth rank is shared by these six countries in the list. Citizens of these countries can travel to 186 countries without any prior visa.
7. Australia, Canada, Czech Republic, Greece and Malta
Australia and Canada climb one position joining the countries at the seventh position. People of these five countries can travel to 185 countries without a prior visa.
8. Hungary and Poland
Hungary climbs two positions, whereas Poland rises by three spots to seventh rank. People from these two countries have access to 184 countries without a prior visa.
Advertisement9. Lithuania and Slovakia
Citizens of Lithuania and Slovakia have the right to travel to 182 countries without a prior visa.
10. Estonia, Latvia and Slovenia
Estonia, Latvia and Slovakia shared the tenth ranking in the list of powerful passport countries. Passport holders of these countries can enjoy no visa travel to 181 countries.
Booster doses of current vaccines may not be enough to fight emerging COVID-19 variants, says WHO
Popular on BI
- 911 dispatchers say skiers are accidentally setting off Apple's new crash-detection technology without realizing, triggering emergency calls
- BHEL among 5 bidders for Rs 58,000 cr deal to manufacture, maintain 200 Vande Bharat trains
- Indian markets open marginally lower amid weak global cues – PB Fintech, Maruti Suzuki, Tata Motors, M&M, Bajaj Auto and other stocks in focus
- Bahamas, Taiwan, Malta & more: Here are 10 countries offering digital nomad visa
- Maruti Suzuki cars will get costlier from January 2023
- Paytm’s optimistic growth projections boost sentiments, shares climb nearly 8%
- India stands like oasis in era of uncertainty amid global inflation, says SBI Research
- Personal loans fintech platform KreditBee raises $80 million in Series-D investment round
- Dharmaj Crop IPO
- Reliance Jio
- Digital Nomad Visa
- Whatsapp tips
- Air India crew guidelines
- Mukesh Ambani
- Larget Employers
- Highest Revenue companies
- New Cars in December 2022
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- Maruti Suzuki
- Top Valuable unlisted Company
- Tata Tiago cng vs Alto k10 cng
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World