Top Stories this AM: Trump 'unsettled' by Giuliani's hair dye drips; more stim checks drop; Olympic (allegedly) sex-proof beds are actually pretty bouncy
Good morning and welcome to your weekday morning roundup of the top stories you need to know.
For more daily and weekly briefings, sign up for our newsletters here.
What's going on today:
- A hot stim drop. The IRS just disbursed 2.2 million more $1400 stimulus payments, but it mostly went to recent tax filers. The majority of the 2.2 million payments went to eligible individuals who did not previously file information with the IRS for an Economic Impact Payment, but have since filed a tax return.
- Sovereign citizen or squatter? After a widow put her $1.5 million mansion on the market, a group of 'sovereign citizens' moved in, changed the locks, and tried to claim it as their own. At least two of the squatters have since been arrested, including a dentist and a convicted sex offender, the Baltimore Sun reported.
- An American werewolf in Bali. An American CrossFit influencer in Bali berated a bakery for offering vaccinated customers a free coffee. Locals feel they have no choice but to put up with disrespectful foreigners. He's one of many foreigners who have derided COVID-19 measures even as cases surge in the Indonesian tourism hotspot.
- Take my wall, please. A man who spent $30 million building a 3-mile wall between the US and Mexico is looking for someone to buy it. Tommy Fisher's wall is made up of 15,000 steel posts running along
- Why the buddy system is important. A man was lost in the Alaskan wilderness for weeks and endured nightly grizzly bear attacks until a coast guard helicopter spotted his 'SOS' by chance. "If we would have been in the next river valley over," Commander Carbajal told The New York Times, "we would have totally missed him."
- Something we can all agree on. Trump was 'unsettled' when Rudy Giuliani's hair dye melted and dripped down his face. According to "I Alone Can Fix It," Trump aides were "humiliated" by Giuliani's hair malfunction, calling the
newsconference a "freak show." Harsh, but fair?
That's all for now. See you Monday.
- India’s techies are leaving IT firms in hordes — Here’s why
- After a near-record run at the top of Netflix's US Top 10 list, pop culture smash 'Squid Game' has been bumped by another show
- Elon Musk’s puppy, a new strategy to burn tokens, and altcoins playing catch up — the perfect storm for cryptocurrency Shiba Inu to skyrocket
- Best high speed monochrome printers in India
- Best portable room heaters in India
- Best nose pins for those without piercing in India
- Best high speed blenders in India
- G7 leaders favour CBDCs provided they ‘support and do no harm’ to central banks
- India T20 World cup Jersey
- Photo Editors Apps
- Advantage Club Hiring
- Best Indian Companies
- Dussehra Messages
- Punit Goenka
- Motorola Edge 20 Mobile
- Google TV stick vs Amazon Fire TV stick
- Oneplus 9rt smartphone
- Samsung Galaxy M52 review
- Nykaa IPO
- India Coal Crisis
- iPhone 13 vs iPhone 13 mini
- IRCTC Share price
- Maximum Sixes
- Tata Sons