Zelenskyy pays tribute to departing UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson, calling him a 'true friend of Ukraine'
- Volodymyr Zelenskyy said departing UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson is a "true friend of Ukraine."
- Zelenskyy thanked Johnson for his "decisive and uncompromising help" in Ukraine's war with Russia.
Ukrainian leader Volodymyr Zelenskyy on Thursday called outgoing British Prime Minister Boris Johnson a "true friend of Ukraine."
"The United Kingdom is on the right side of history," Zelenskyy said. "I am sure that policy towards Ukraine from the United Kingdom won't be changing."
In a post on Instagram, Zelenskyy said that "all Ukrainians were saddened by the news" that Johnson was resigning.
"We are sincerely grateful for the decisive and uncompromising help from the first days of the war," Zelenskyy wrote.
Downing Street also released a readout of the call between Johnson and Zelenskyy, covering what they discussed on Thursday afternoon. According to the Prime Minister's Office, Johnson reiterated the UK's continued support for Ukraine and reassured Zelenskyy of a continued supply of defensive aid.
According to Downing Street's summary of the call, Johnson also thanked Zelenskyy for his friendship and "everything he's doing to stick up for freedom." In return, Zelenskyy expressed the Ukrainian people's gratitude for the UK's assistance.
"You're a hero, everybody loves you," Johnson told Zelenskyy on the call, per Downing Street's statement.
Johnson has made multiple visits to Kyiv, where he spoke to Zelenskyy face-to-face.
During his second visit in June, Johnson tabled an offer from the Uk to train up to 10,000 Ukrainian soldiers every 120 days, which Johnson said may "change the equation" in Ukraine's fight against Russia. He also visited Zelenskyy in Kyiv in April, during which he pledged ammunition and economic support to the country.
Meanwhile, Russian officials have rejoiced in Johnson's departure, with the speaker of Russia's lower house of parliament commenting that "the clown is going."
- Govt approves PLI scheme for making drones with outlay of Rs 120 cr, comes out with norms
- Apple transportation through drones to become reality in tribal Kinnaur district of HP
- Researchers develop device that uses sound waves to separate blood-based nanoparticles
- 5 Bihar villages to be developed into human-carnivore coexistence zone
- Delhi's air quality will likely improve from Sunday evening, says IMD
- Dharmaj Crop IPO
- Reliance Jio
- Digital Nomad Visa
- Whatsapp tips
- Air India crew guidelines
- Mukesh Ambani
- Larget Employers
- Highest Revenue companies
- New Cars in December 2022
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- Maruti Suzuki
- Top Valuable unlisted Company
- Tata Tiago cng vs Alto k10 cng
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World